Many insurance companies and other businesses find significant value in integrated risk consulting, software and intermediary services. This combination of services enables companies to better measure risk and strike an optimal balance between risk retention and risk transfer.
Towers Watson offers this combination of consulting, software and brokerage in partnership with JLT Towers Re, a global brokerage organization formed with the 2013 acquisition of Towers Watson’s reinsurance brokerage operations by Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT). JLT is a leading insurance broker with more than 35 offices in 17 countries.
Through an alliance agreement between the two companies, Towers Watson will provide risk and capital management advice and analytical services to large corporate clients and insurance companies, together with the increased scale and capabilities of JLT Towers Re. Our services available through the alliance include such software tools as Igloo, ResQ, Emblem/Radar and STAR ESG.
The alliance also offers an integrated approach to product management to help insurers more effectively design, analyze, and deploy products and pricing to enhance competitive position and bottom-line performance.
Towers Watson offers a distinctive combination of risk management expertise, industry knowledge and analytical rigor.
Our analytics apply actuarial and other risk management techniques within a corporate finance framework to help you manage cost, risk and return. The combination with intermediary services through the JLT alliance can help you improve your risk profile and accelerate value creation to:
- Better understand your risk profile and risk drivers
- Improve business performance with a more holistic view of risk
- Use capital more efficiently to maximize and match returns to risk appetite
- Achieve product differentiation and establish sophisticated pricing techniques
- Link underwriting, pricing and reinsurance strategies
- Introduce innovations such as usage-based auto insurance
- Respond to changing regulatory/rating agency and economic views of capital
- Improve positioning with rating agencies
- Improve efficiency of reinsurance and other risk transfer transactions