Developing a retirement programme that helps employees achieve a comfortable retirement while working within the boundaries of an organisation’s financial resources can challenge the savviest organisation. Opportunities to reduce risk can present themselves quickly, so organisations can benefit from having a plan in place — through such tools as a journey plan or pension de-risking road map. How these decisions impact workforce planning and talent management also warrants consideration.
While each organisation’s needs are unique, the benefits of preparation are universal. Start by asking these questions:
- Have you reassessed your retirement programmes in light of capital market volatility, recent legislation and your organisation’s fiscal needs?
- What type and level of commitment is right for your organisation?
- Should you adjust your pension investment strategies to reflect variable interest rate environments?
- What strategies will help you achieve your pension de-risking goals?
- Are you investing in programme features that help employees understand their savings options and learn how to manage their investments to meet future needs?