In today’s multi-generation and diverse workforce it is important that
employers ensure their benefits programme bridges the gap across these
generations, and is relevant and well-understood by all.
Employers have a role to play to help employees bridge their own retirement
gaps given the ageing workforce, and recent public focus on CPF adequacy.
- Employee benefits is a key component of the company’s Employee Value
Proposition (EVP) and HR and business leaders need to rethink and enhance
their benefit offerings to engage, enable and energise their employees as
well as to retain key talent and attract the vital skills companies need to
maximise opportunities for productivity.
- A well-planned communication programme yields improved employees’
perceived value of benefits and controls benefits costs.
- Retirement programme is an important part of employees’ rewards as this
may affect employees’ employment choices, as well as increase their level of
commitment and engagement. Employers that are able to target their benefits
package to attract and retain the employees they need to succeed, gain a
valuable competitive advantage.
About the event
Debbie Ng is a Consulting Actuary and Director, Benefits, Singapore
for Towers Watson presented on the topic Bridging the Generation Gap: Engage,
Mark Whatley is a Senior Consulting Actuary and Director, Benefits,
Southeast Asia for Towers Watson Watson presented on the topic Bridging
the Retirement Gap: Acknowledging, Understanding, Planning
We had a total of 122 attendees comprising mostly of compensation and
benefits leaders representing various industries from Singapore.
Debbie Ng on Bridging the Generation Gap
Mark Whatley on Bridging the Retirement Gap
How Towers Watson can help
Benefits optimisation delivered in a context of a total reward framework will
help your organisation stand out in the face of increasing competition for
talent. Towers Watson’s thought provoking ideas, sustainable solutions and
proven results will create a competitive advantage, engage, enable and energise
employees and amplify your employer brand.
Our capabilities include:
- Feasibility study and preparation of business case
- Total reward strategy
- Employee research
- Plan design
- Financial analysis
- Communication and employee engagement
- HR process mapping
- Total reward statements
- Flex administration
- Project management
- Financial education
- Benefit broking
By choosing Towers Watson as your partners you will benefit from:
- Our global reach with local expertise and implementation
- Market leading experience in dealing with complex client situations
- Access to our substantial flex administration centre
- A single point of contact for all your flex requirements
- Communication and change management specialists to ensure successful
Corporations strive to strike a balance between accumulating capital and the
resources to pay for retirement benefits. A strategic investment in the right
benefit mix can give your organisation the financial edge it needs to recruit
and retain the best talent, while helping your employees build the savings for
Towers Watson combines expertise in investment and retirement consulting to
help organisations develop retirement programs that meet their workforce needs.
We partner with clients around the globe to determine the best approaches to
design, funding, governance, administration and communication.
Our capabilities include:
- Retirement Plan Strategy and Design
- Actuarial Services and Support
- Retirement Plan Financial Management
- Governance and Compliance Strategies
- Risk Management
- Defined Benefit Pension Administration and Outsourcing
Audience opinion - live pulse survey
T +65 6389 7439