2013 was a record-breaking year for pension scheme bulk annuity and longevity hedging transactions, with over £16 billion of liabilities hedged. Towers Watson are predicting that even more records will be broken in 2014, as demonstrated by the recent announcement of the largest longevity swap to date, the £5bn transaction by the Aviva Staff Pension Scheme.
To help you understand how the market is evolving and the impact for your scheme, our 2014 De-risking Report is now available, covering:
- A look back at the highlights of 2013 and predictions for 2014
- How mindsets on bulk annuities are changing
- Analysis of how medical underwriting is changing the bulk annuity market
- A prediction of change in the longevity hedging market
- How to ensure a smooth and efficient transaction.
Alongside our commentary and analysis, the report includes the views of the main bulk annuity and longevity swap providers on how this market will develop in the coming months.
To accompany the report, Ian Aley discusses his views on 2013, and what he expects to see in 2014 in our video, ‘How are the bulk annuity and longevity swap markets evolving?’ linked on the right.