Rely on Towers Watson Advisors to Navigate Your Insurance Business Through Challenging Times
The recent financial crisis and ensuing market turmoil helped create considerable global changes in financial and regulatory reporting. Changes to IFRS, U.S. GAAP, Solvency II, IAIS principles and supplementary reporting illustrate that, now more than ever, insurers need reliable key performance indicators (KPIs) to help manage the business.
Towers Watson is a key player in thought leadership in financial and regulatory reporting. We provide the tools and advice to help you understand the risk, capital and value implications of your business strategy, and strengthen your ability to deliver appropriate financial reporting information.
Reporting challenges insurers face in today's market:
- Meeting the market's need for clear and concise disclosure
- Meeting management requirements for regular and timely KPI updates
- Cutting through information and process overload
- Risk and capital management
- Capital and corporate restructuring
- Financial modeling that incorporates new regulatory requirements
- Operational challenges
- Requirements to perform complex stochastic calculations
- Ensuring an appropriate allowance for financial and nonfinancial risk
- Valuing assets in illiquid markets
- Calibrating and applying the discount rate and liquidity premium in the valuation of liabilities.
Why Towers Watson?
Towers Watson is at the forefront of these changes, and our consultants are able to help you navigate through them. Our assistance includes not only compliance-related work but also "value add" projects, where we work closely with you to ensure that your specific client needs are met.
Towers Watson can help you strengthen your ability to deliver the appropriate external and internal financial reporting information by:
- Implementing key measures of shareholder value
- Developing a range of KPI metrics that are integrated and tailored to your company's business
- Identifying business implications of financial reporting results and embedding the use of appropriate performance metrics in your organization
- Using our knowledge to advise, create or review financial reporting work.