Highlights of this year’s survey of the top 500 asset managers by P&I/Towers Watson, include:
Click link or image below to enlarge infographic
- Total assets under management of the 500 managers included in the ranking totalled US$ 76.5 trillion at the end of 2013, up 11.8% from the end of 2012.
- BlackRock is in first position for the fourth consecutive year. Vanguard continued its growth and reached second position, moving Allianz down to third in the ranking.
- Assets under management of North American managers were US$ 41.9 trillion at 2013 year end, an increase of 16.7% from the previous year. The assets managed by European managers also increased by 9.8%, to US$ 26.3 trillion.
- Japanese managers ended 2013 with US$ 4.6 trillion, a decrease in assets of 5.5% during 2013.
- The Top 20 managers’ share of the total assets decreased marginally from 41.4% to 41.0%.
This study is one of four major global surveys that we run each year with a world-class newspaper. For further details on the other three surveys - of asset owners, pension funds and alternative investment managers - click on our Investment Surveys page.